Helpful Tips to Boost Immune Health in the Elderly
The immune system acts as a barrier between our bodies and harmful microorganisms. If these microorganisms successfully invade our bodies, they may cause certain illnesses. That is why it is important to keep our immune system strong and healthy, especially in seniors that are more prone to getting infected.
As a provider of home healthcare in Woodridge, we are experts when it comes to senior health care. Below are some natural immune-boosting tips you can do:
- Eat foods high in nutrition.
- Eat a well-balanced, nutrient-rich diet. This includes eating more fruits and vegetables as they contain antioxidants.
- Stay physically active.
- As you get older, it is essential to keep moving. Research shows that regular physical activity is linked with better immune function. It is recommended to have at least 150 minutes of moderate exercise weekly.
- Manage stress.
- Chronic stress may lower your body’s immune response. It may be hard to get rid of stress completely, but you can try meditation strategies and breathing techniques.
- Get enough sleep.
- Good quality sleep is more important as you age. Sleep deprivation can reduce the efficiency of the immune system.
- Get vaccinated.
- Get a flu vaccine and other recommended vaccinations for seniors to protect yourself against specific infections.
For top-quality home healthcare in Bolingbrook, Illinois, look no further than D’D Home Healthcare, Inc.
We are one of the leading providers of home healthcare and in-home therapy. Our goal is to help our clients reach their full potential. Through our high standards of care and skilled professional team, we will make sure to meet your standards and deliver effective results.
We also offer free home care in Illinois for Medicare and Medicaid patients. To learn more, feel free to call us at 630-759-3422.