Health Tips for Patients with COPD during COVID-19
Part of our in-home therapy’s specialty program is COPD management.
COPD or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease is a chronic inflammatory lung disease that affects 16 million Americans. COPD causes obstructed airways, which may result in difficulty in breathing, mucus production, and wheezing.
COVID-19 is also a respiratory disease that has affected millions worldwide. According to studies by the National Center for Biotechnology Information, COVID-19 can greatly affect individuals with underlying chronic lung diseases, including COPD. Oxygen levels can be potentially brought to life-threatening levels. Aside from that, risks include acute respiratory distress syndrome, heart damage, and shock.
Thus, to protect yourself from further risks of COVID-19, here are some health tips you can follow:
- Ensure that you have enough medication. Ask for early refills if possible.
- Stock up on healthy food and drinks to stay energized.
- Check with your oxygen provider for on-time deliveries.
- Get enough exercise and sleep. Work those lungs!
- Seek help from your friendly providers of home care Chicago Heights to keep your COPD treatment plan under control.
At D’D Home Healthcare, Inc., a provider of home healthcare in Bolingbrook, Illinois, our friendly and trained healthcare professionals can help keep your COPD symptoms under control. Especially during a pandemic where both body and mind are vulnerable, guaranteeing physical and mental health is essential to living well.
Learn how you can get free home care in Illinois by getting in touch with us today!